Principal Software Engineer
DESCRIPTION OF JOB (Main responsibilities and tasks):
Software development engineer working in the driver team on software controlling of the hardware platform. Relevant experience in audio management is of specific interest but the role will cover a wide range of low level driver development.
Tasks will include
* Analysis and evaluation of requirements to provide proposals for technical solutions
* Design and definition of software
* Implementation of software in the driver layer, specifically related to audio management
* Integration testing of software within the software and hardware platform
* Support and maintenance of the code base.
* Participation in the definition, planning and leadership of software tasks at the work package level
* Participation in technical reviews.
* Investigation and resolution of issues.
DESCRIPTION OF PERSON (Main skills, personal attributes):
TECHNICAL SKILLS (ESSENTIAL)
* Extensive knowledge of the C programming language in a real time system.
* Practical knowledge of debug tools and techniques in low level target software
* Thorough understanding of the complete software development process
* Working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word and MS Project
* Configuration management and version control
* Audio management software development within mobile communications products
* Developing low level software running on ARM based processors or similar devices.
* Developing product quality real time embedded software for low level drivers.
* Delivering software projects to budget and schedule.
TECHNICAL SKILLS (DESIRABLE)
* UML design.
* Debug tools, e.g. logic analysers, oscilloscopes, JTAG ICE emulators
* Knowledge of unix and PC development systems and perforce
* Planning software projects (considering resourcing, task dependencies, tool requirements, etc)
* Day-to-day monitoring and reporting of software projects (for progress and quality issues)
* Previous experience leading team members in complex technical development projects
* Motivated by delivering quality work within planned timescales
* A structured, proactive approach
* Flexible approach with a ‚whatever it takes’ attitude
* Customer (internal and external) focused
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org